Monday, September 15, 2008

Week 9 Update


This was Addie's first week back on the Neoplasene after her break last week. Early in the week, she did have an upset stomach. We backed off the morning dosage from 2cc to 1.8cc and left the evening dosage at 2cc. That seemed to help. Her stomach calmed down and seems to be doing better.

This weekend she definitely acted like her old self. We split wood for about 5 hours on Saturday and she played with her ball outside the entire time, chasing it up and down the mountain. Sunday we did a short 1.5 hour hike and she did wonderfully. She seems a bit tired today, but it was an active weekend for her, so not unexpected. It was great to see her playing so much this weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Addie, I just found your blog and will follow along as I am on that same journey. I had a splenectomy on June 21 and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma too. I was given a one to three month prognosis. Tomorrow is three months and on Tuesday I will be 12 years old. I am a Golden Retriever with two brothers, two and 7 months. I was lucky to find a vet that put me on Neoplasene. I am tolerating it very well and am making my mom and dad very happy. I love to swim and chase balls. I live in Arizona and love to be outside. I wish you all the luck and good health in the world and I will follow your journey as it is mine also. Take care, Sundance

Denice said...

Sundance,

Thank you so much for the kind post. It is great to hear of others diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and on Neoplasene and doing excellent!

You are an inspiration and I look forward to hearing great progress from you in the months/years to come!

Addie